Glowforge glowy thing


The Glowforge laser cutter is currently crowdfunding itself over in America. It looks like a good piece of kit and I'm particularly interested in the autofocusing Z axis so I signed up fairly early on. There is a section in the forums about things you'd make on the machine, I feel wood veneers are massively neglected for these low power machines so I made this nice sampler to demonstrate what can be done. This box is made from Poplar ply, with a Walnut veneer on the front. The lettering is made from Bamboo veneer, the whole thing was sanded and oiled to finish it off nicely.

Here is my referral link if you want to get yourself an extra $100 off the price of a Glowforge laser.



Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex